Why People Move
The Current Population Survey tracks mobility and migration in the United States. Since 1999, its asked for the reasons people moved from one place to the other. Here are the estimates for the most recent time segment between 2017 and 2018.
Become a member.
Get unlimited access to tutorials, courses, and practical guides. Make great charts.
This is for people interested in the process of creating, designing, and exploring data graphics. Your support goes directly to FlowingData, an independently run site.
What You Get
- Learn to make any chart with instant access to step-by-step tutorials.
- Download source code and files to use with your own data.
- In-depth courses on visualization to learn at your own pace.
- Stay up-to-date with additional resources and visualization tools.
- Get the members-only newsletter.
What are the ingredients that make each cuisine? I looked at 40,000 recipes spanning 20 cuisines and 6,714 ingredients to see what makes food taste different.
Sleep Schedule, From the Inconsistent Teenage Years to Retirement
From the teenage years to college to adulthood through retirement, sleep is all over the place at first but then converges towards consistency.
Data, R, and a 3-D Printer
We almost always look at data through a screen. It’s quick and good for exploration. So is there value in making data physical? I played around with a 3-D printer to find out.