Best of FlowingData: September 2009
Again, FlowingData had another record month in terms of growth, and I cannot thank you all enough for reading and spreading the word. Thank you. We've got quite the community developing here.
In case you missed them, here are the top posts from the past month ranked by a combination of page views, comments, and trackbacks:
- What Visualization Tool/Software Should You Use? - Getting Started
- Highs and Lows of Being a Young Man
- 3 In-depth Views of Flight Delays and Cancellations
- The World of Seinfeld
- Vintage Infographics From the 1930s
- Ben Fry Visualizes the Evolution of Darwin's Ideas
- Stimulus Funding Map is 'Slick as Hell'
- 10 More Infographic Reasons Why You Should Go Green
- A Road Map to Success
- TV Size Over the Past 8 Years
From the Forums
And here's some of the good stuff that's been going on in the forums in no particular order.
- Visualization/analysis tool for SSH/FTP stats - ina.Cirdaye wants your thoughts on his new tool.
- Notable Political Visualizations - How has visualization played a role in making (important) decisions in government?
- Visual Metrics to Inform: Petro-Wealth Importance
- Animated Bar Chart for CO2 emissions
- Sunlight Foundation is Looking for Data Viz Specialist - Work towards a more transparent government.
Do you have a data visualization question or have something data-ish to share? The FlowingData forums is the best place to do it, especially since I (really) suck with email now.