Peak Non-Creepy Dating Pool
The percentage of people who are single declines with age. However, based on the “half-your-age-plus-seven” rule, the range of people you can date expands. Combine that with population counts and demographics, and you can find when your non-creepy dating pool peaks.
Become a member.
Get unlimited access to tutorials, courses, and practical guides. Make great charts.
This is for people interested in the process of creating, designing, and exploring data graphics. Your support goes directly to FlowingData, an independently run site.
What You Get
- Learn to make any chart with instant access to step-by-step tutorials.
- Download source code and files to use with your own data.
- In-depth courses on visualization to learn at your own pace.
- Stay up-to-date with additional resources and visualization tools.
- Get the members-only newsletter.
A Day in the Life of Americans
I wanted to see how daily patterns emerge at the individual level and how a person’s entire day plays out. So I simulated 1,000 of them.
A Day in the Life: Women and Men
Using the past couple of years of data from the American Time Use Survey, I simulated a working day for men and women to see how schedules differ. Watch it play out in this animation.
Causes of Death
There are many ways to die. Cancer. Infection. Mental. External. This is how different groups of people died over the past 10 years, visualized by age.