All the National Food Days
Once I paid attention, it started to feel like there were a whole lot of national food and drink days in the United States. National Chili Dog Day. National Donut Day. National Beer Day. I’m totally for this, as I will accept any excuse to consume any of these items. But still, there seems to be a lot.
According to this list, 214 days of the year are a food or drink day. Every single day of July was one. How is one to keep track? I gotta plan, you know?
So here are all the days in calendar form. Today, August 18, is National Pinot Noir Day. Tomorrow is National Potato Day.
Hold on to your britches next week. Every single day has you covered, and they’re all desserts.
- Some calendar days have more than one claiming food or drink item, which makes for a list of 302 items. I only showed the first, out of convenience.
- Some food items can cover multiple categories. In these cases, I just went with my gut.
- I made this with d3.js and a little bit of R. This calendar example by Kathy Zhou got me most of the way there.
Become a member.
Get unlimited access to tutorials, courses, and practical guides. Make great charts.
This is for people interested in the process of creating, designing, and exploring data graphics. Your support goes directly to FlowingData, an independently run site.
What You Get
- Learn to make any chart with instant access to step-by-step tutorials.
- Download source code and files to use with your own data.
- In-depth courses on visualization to learn at your own pace.
- Stay up-to-date with additional resources and visualization tools.
- Get the members-only newsletter.
Unemployment in America, Mapped Over Time
Watch the regional changes across the country from 1990 to 2016.
How Much the Everyday Changes When You Have Kids
I compared time use for those with children under 18 against those without. Here’s where the minutes go.