All the National Food Days
Once I paid attention, it started to feel like there were a whole lot of national food and drink days in the United States. National Chili Dog Day. National Donut Day. National Beer Day. I’m totally for this, as I will accept any excuse to consume any of these items. But still, there seems to be a lot.
According to this list, 214 days of the year are a food or drink day. Every single day of July was one. How is one to keep track? I gotta plan, you know?
So here are all the days in calendar form. Today, August 18, is National Pinot Noir Day. Tomorrow is National Potato Day.
Hold on to your britches next week. Every single day has you covered, and they’re all desserts.
- Some calendar days have more than one claiming food or drink item, which makes for a list of 302 items. I only showed the first, out of convenience.
- Some food items can cover multiple categories. In these cases, I just went with my gut.
- I made this with d3.js and a little bit of R. This calendar example by Kathy Zhou got me most of the way there.
Become a member. Learn to visualize data. From beginner to advanced.Join Today
This is for people interested in the process of creating, designing, and exploring data graphics. Your support goes directly to FlowingData, an independently run site.
What You Get
- Instant access to tutorials on how to make and design data graphics
- Source code and files to use with your own data
- In-depth courses on visualization in R
- Hand-picked links and resources from around the web
- Members-only newsletter
People get married at various ages, but there are definite trends that vary across demographic groups. What do these trends look like?
Jobs Charted by State and Salary
Jobs and pay can vary a lot depending on where you live, based on 2013 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Here’s an interactive to look.
Graphical perception – learn the fundamentals first
Before you dive into the advanced stuff – like just about everything in your life – you have to learn the fundamentals before you know when you can break the rules.