As always, it was an interesting month for FlowingData. Thanks again, everyone for showing your support through retweets, likes, and stumbles.
In case you missed them or are new to FD, here are the top posts from the last month, based on a combination of views and comments. The Walmart map came back to life recently with new data and a feature on CNNMoney.
- Watching the growth of Walmart – now with 100% more Sam’s Club
- Data Underload #18 – Sleep Schedule
- Explorations of real-world traffic
- Air traffic rebooted in northern Europe
- Trustworthiness of beards
- Data Underload #17: Famous Movie Quotes, p. 2
- A flowchart to decide what typeface to use
- 100 Pixar characters drawn to scale
- Data Underload #19: First Date vs. Reality TV First Date
- Streamgraph code is available and open source
From the Forums
There’s some good stuff in the forums too.
- Example of bad Illustrations – Sometimes graphics make things more confusing.
- Multi-series scatter plots – Looking for a way to make these.
- Creating visualizations – What tools should you use?
- Data Scientists and Engineers for Online Game Data Startup – Looking for a job?
Have a question or something cool to share? Post it in the forums.