Two years ago on June 25, 2007, I wrote the first post for FlowingData. It was rambling gibberish, and I really had no idea what I was doing. I was just randomly gibbering to no one in particular. It’s a little different now. Still random at times, but a little less so.
Somewhat surprisingly, I’ve only missed a handful of days over the past two years. This will be the 675th post on FlowingData, plus 5,271 comments and another 644 posts in the FlowingData forums. Oh and let’s not forget the 26,400 caught spam comments. Thanks, Akismet.
Here are the most popular posts over the past year:
- 27 Visualizations and Infographics to Understand the Financial Crisis
- 5 Best Data Visualization Projects of the Year
- Visual Guide to the Financial Crisis
- Pixel City: Computer-generated City
- Watching the Growth of Walmart Across America, Interactive Edition
- Little Red Riding Hood, the Animated Infographic Story
- Maps of the Seven Deadly Sins
- 17 Ways to Visualize the Twitter Universe
- 40 Essential Tools and Resources to Visualize Data
- 37 Data-ish Blogs You Should Know About
We also just passed
We’re also up to almost 18,000 subscribers today, which continues to amaze me. FlowingData had 2,600 subscribers at the one-year mark. I can only imagine what FlowingData will be in another year. As you might remember, I had to transfer FlowingData to a better server to keep up with the increase in traffic. This of course wouldn’t have been possible without the sponsors. Thanks for the support, sponsors.
Finally, a big thank you to all of you who send me suggestions and share links with others via social media sites like Twitter, Digg, and del.icio.us. You’ve all helped shape FlowingData into what it is today.
Here’s to another year of data.