October was another good month. Our FlowingData community grew from 5,100 subscribers to over 5,700 this month, and I of course have all of you to thank. Thank you for spreading the word about FlowingData - whether it's via del.icio.us, Digg, StumbleUpon, email, or word of mouth, I appreciate it all.
October was the first time we were on the front page of Digg - with the 40 essential tools and resources post. I was mesmerized as I watched FlowingData's blog stats increase by the thousands in a matter of a few minutes. Thankfully, WestHost was able to keep FlowingData afloat during the wave.
In case you've got no red bars, here are the top posts from October:
- 40 Essential Tools and Resources to Visualize Data
- Commercial Air Traffic Seen Around the World
- United States Poverty Rates From 1980 to 2007
- Great Data Visualization Tells a Great Story
- Code For Walmart Growth Visualization Now Available
- May the Tallest and Fattest Win the Presidency
- Comparative View of Length of Rivers and Height of Mountains
- Maps for Advocacy - Beginnerâ€™s Guide to Mapping
- Sketching Around Personal Brand Tracking (Guest post by Miguel JimÃ©nez)
- Playboy Playmate Curves and the State of the Economy
So now it's time for a new month. What would like to see more of on FlowingData?
P.S. Happy Halloween!