Happy One-Year Birthday, FlowingData!
It's been one year since my rambling post on creating effective visualization. It seems so long ago. What was I thinking? Since then, FlowingData has grown to 313 posts, 801 comments (plus tens of thousands of spam), and 2,600+ subscribers, and continues to slowly climb the ranks on Technorati.
It was exciting when FlowingData hit the 1,000-subscriber mark back in March and even more so when some really big blogs linked here and FlowingData was on the front page of del.icio.us. Who would have thought data visualization and statistics was so popular? I certainly didn't know - which was why I started FlowingData in the first place.
Most Popular FlowingData Posts
I've featured a lot of great data visualization and statistics over the past year by some very intelligent and talented people. Here are the 10 most popular posts over FlowingData's short one-year history.
- 17 Ways to Visualize the Twitter Universe
- Showing the Obama-Clinton Divide in Decision Tree Infographic
- 10 Largest Data Breaches Since 2000 - Millions Affected
- Ebb and Flow of Box Office Receipts Over Past 20 Years
- 21 Ways to Visualize and Explore Your Email Inbox
- Chart of the Day: A Breakdown of Facebook Applications
- Love, Hate, Think, Believe, Feel and Wish on Twitter
- 6 Influential Datasets That Changed the Way We Think
- Area Codes in Which Ludacris Claims to Have Hoes
- How to Learn Actionscript (Flash) for Data Visualization
Thank you everyone for reading, linking, and suggesting topics. The blog wouldn't be the same without you. We're well on our way to reaching 5,000 subscribers. If you know someone else who'd be interested in FlowingData, please do pass the word along. I'll super appreciate it.
Happy birthday, FlowingData!